Application for Vietnam Visa
Download VISA APPLICATION FORM here: DOC format
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VISA APPLICATION TO VIETNAM
The Vietnamese Consulate General Offices and Vietnamese Embassies are the only Competent Vietnamese Government Agencies, who are authorized to issue visas abroad. Therefore, the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney has full authority to issue visas not only for Australians but also for global citizens who would like to travel to Vietnam.
We have been receiving complaints from many Australians about losing their money without getting Vietnam visa after applying through online services (Vietnam Visa Online) from some malicious websites or via a travel agent in Viet Nam.
We have the honour to announce that the following websites are not legitimate:
http://vietnam-embassy.org, http://myvietnamvisa.com, http://vietnamvisacorp.com, http://vietnam-visa.com, http://visavietnam.gov.vn, http://vietnamvisa.gov.vn, http://visatovietnam.gov.vn, http://vietnam-visa.gov.vn
We hold no responsibility for any visa applications provided by these services.
To avoid any problem with Immigration Office at the airports in Viet Nam, we strongly recommend to get your visa done at the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney before your travel.
Warning from Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Australia: There has been an increase in the number of Australians applying online for a ‘visa on arrival’ approval letter. There have been reports of visa scams involving online Vietnamese visa applications. There have also been reports of applicants’ personal details being made public by online visa websites. As result, we recommend you apply for a Vietnamese visa directly from the nearest Embassy or Consulate General of Vietnam.
* * * * *
1. HOW TO GET A VISA:
- Vietnamese entry visa (a tourist visa and a business visa) is required for all foreigners wishing to visit Vietnam except for citizens of countries having bilateral agreements on visa exemption with Vietnam.
- Entry visas to Viet Nam can be applied IN PERSON (by the applicant or anyone on his/her behalf at the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney), ONLINE EXPRESS VISA, or BY POST.
APPLY IN PERSON: Application form with 01 colour photo and passport. You can pay the fee by credit card, cash or bank cheque. The time to process a visa application is normally 2 (two) working days. In case of urgency, the applicant may contact the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney for an appropriate advice (express service for the same day with extra fee).
Address: Consulate General of Viet Nam in Sydney, Suite 205, level 2, Edgecliff Centre, 203-233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, NSW 2027.
APPLYING BY POST (Checklist): Original passport, application form (with photo attached), fee in AUD (Money Order or Bank Cheque payable to "the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney") and one prepaid return envelope. The time to process a visa application is normally 2 (two) working days, then we will post back to you.
Postal Address: PO BOX 732, Edgecliff, NSW 2027, Australia
or: Suite 205, level 2, Edgecliff Centre, 203-233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, NSW 2027.
APPLY ONLINE EXPRESS VISA: For those who do not want or do not have time to go to the Consulate General to apply the visa in person or do not want to apply by post, then they can apply for online express visa on the official website of the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney: www.vietnamconsulate.org.au / www.vietnamconsulate.net.au / www.vietnamconsulate.com.au
Step 1: Please click to ONLINE EXPRESS VISA to fill the form online, upload the main page of the passport and portrait photo with white background. We use the google form to receive the form online, so you need to create a google account or use existing gmail address to access through online express visa;
Step 2: After submitting the application form online, you could ring us in the office hours or wait until one of our staffs contact you via the phone to help you process the payment of the visa’s fee over the phone by credit card;
Step 3: After making the payment, loose-leaf visas (real visa) will be sent by express post to your address and you could receive the visa in 02 – 03 working days only.
+ The online express visa will be valid for the purpose of tourism only.
+ The fee for online express visa is little bit higher than the visa fee you apply in person at the Consulate or by post because it will be covered the postage and colour photo printing fee.
2. GENERAL NOTICE:
- Tourist visa can be valid from 30 days up to 90 days with single or multiple entry.
- Normally, the Vietnamese visa can be applied no earlier than 6 months prior to date of departure and the applicant can enter Vietnam anytime from proposed date of entry. However please note that, the visa will be expired exactly from the date as given.
- The original passport which must have longer validity than the visa by at least six months.
- Visa fees are various and depend on the length of stay, number of entry and purpose a trip. Please contact the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney for further information. All payments are non-refundable.
- For the applicant who wish to collect the passports by mail: please enclose a pre-paid return envelope with clear self address. To avoid a situation when passports might not reach back the applicants before the needed date, please spare plenty of time for the post delivery forth and back. All applications should be sent in one envelope.
3. BUSINESS AND OTHER TYPES OF VIETNAMESE VISAS:
Business visa could be granted by the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney for single entry with a maximum stay in Vietnam of 30 days if you can provide the invitation letter from the Company in Vietnam or Introduction from the Company in Australia.
For longer period of business visa or other types of Vietnamese visas, the applicant must obtain visa approval from Vietnamese Immigration Department through his/her sponsor in Vietnam, then bring that approval to our consulate to get the stamp visa on the passport.
4. VIETNAMESE DIPLOMATIC AND OFFICIAL VISAS:
Besides the requirements mentioned in (1), the applicant is advised to submit to the Consulate General a Note Verbal or an official letter from the concerned office of the Commonwealth Government of Australia or State Government, Foreign Missions and Consular Posts based in Australia.
5. VISA AMENDMENT: Amendments of the visa can be done only before departure to vietnam and when the visa is still valid (fees applied)
6. REFUSAL: The Consulate General reserves the right to ask for further documentation and information from the applicant and to refuse any visa application
7. VISA-ON-ARRIVAL: As the Consulate cannot confirm the reliability of online visa services offered by many companies on the Internet, it is strongly recommended that travellers obtain suitable visas before entering Vietnam. Fraudulently issued visa will be refused entry and fee is not refundable. There have been reported cases of fraudulence and personal data theft when applying for online visa and cases of entry refusal on arrival when these types of online visa are applied through bogus/un-recognised websites with no connections to the Consulate. The Consulate cannot verify the validity of such visa and cannot provide assistances to travellers in case they are refused entry while using these types of visa.In order to avoid any risks of personal data theft or losses through fraudulent use of credit/debit cards, travelers are strongly recommended not to provide personal information on untrusted websites.
8. OFFICE HOURS:
* 09.00 AM - 04.00 PM from Monday to Friday, except NSW public holidays.
CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN SYDNEY
Address: Suite 205, Level 2, Edgecliff Centre, 203-233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, NSW 2027, Australia
Phone: 02 93271912 /02 93272539 / 02 93261129 / 02 03261202
Fax: 02 93281653
Website: www.vietnamconsulate.org.au / www.vietnamconsulate.net.au / www.vietnamconsulate.com.au
Postal address: PO BOX 732, Edgecliff, NSW 2027
- Apply Visa in Person or by Mailing Service
- Submit document by Online Express Visa
- Application for Vietnam Visa
- 5-year Visa Exemption for Vietnamese and family members
- Vietnamese Passport
- Legalisation of documents issued by Australian authorities to be used in Vietnam
- Certificate of Vietnamese Origin
- Birth Registration for Vietnamese
- Permit for Repatriation of Deceased Vietnamese’s Remains and Bodies
- Forms in Vietnamese